🏰 Dundurn National Historic Site has been on my list of things to visit for a year now. Although you cannot physically go inside the Castle or Kitchen Garden for a tour there was plenty to walk around and see! There are many trails throughout the grounds and as it borders the Lake there is a beautiful trail along the Lake’s edge. Plenty of picnic tables, large trees and lawn space for picnicking as well! Located about 20-25 mins from Oakville within Hamilton and 5 minutes away from the Royal Botanical Garden’s. @dundurn_castle
Free on-site parking.
Admission includes a 1 hour guided tour of Dundurn Castle and admission to The Hamilton Military Museum. Tickets must be purchased in advance online (see “Buy Online” link below) and are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Please plan to arrive 10 minutes before your tour start time. While walk-in visitors are accommodated when possible, priority is given to ticket-holders. The Historic Kitchen Garden is open from June to October for free self-guided tours.
Regular admission rates and hours of operation apply to all events unless otherwise indicated.
- $14 for adults ages 18 to 59
- $12 for seniors ages 60 and above
- $12 for students ages 13 to 17. Students must show valid student ID
- $8 for children ages 6 to 12
- FREE for children ages 5 and under – free tickets must be obtained to ensure social distancing
- $38 for a family of two adults and unlimited dependent children under 18 years old
The museum is only partially wheelchair accessible. Call for more details.
The Museum is open year-round.
- Tuesday to Sunday, 12 noon to 4 pm.
- Closed on Mondays, Good Friday, Canada Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Depending on availability, we will open outside of regular hours for pre-booked groups.